What's TV with no cable?

I never realized how addicted I am to cable TV until our network provider shut it down with no reason.

It was about 3 consecutive days in an October weekend that our TV had no spicy programs aired. Daddy was forced to watch the entire Season 1 of Heroes all over again just to kill time until sundown. And Chloe? Oh, no big deal. With 3 P-gadgets in a row (PSP, PS3 and PC), she won't have time to complain at all.

But the funniest thing was on a Sunday afternoon when I felt the craving of watching something that would give me goosebumps on History channel. As I turned on the telly, a gray snowy screen only appeared right before me. No History channel. Not even Discovery nor HBO nor Star Movies. Only the blinding off-air screen with an annoying sound lingered. (At least those gave me goosebumps)

I had no choice but to pull off the cable and grab the old cable to connect to the local channels. And what did I have left?


QTV, Home TV Shopping, TV5.


Don't expect me to watch that tedious exercising equipment over Home TV Shopping.

I tried checking out QTV to see what was showing. Nothing but plain ol' Koreanovela.
And last, TV5. Another bunch of classic anime that I could never imagine to watch--Fushigi Yugi.

Was there more? Oh, yes. A box of half-emptied nachos lying on my bed, waiting to be gobbled up. But not with these shows!

There's one option though. Eat my pride and watch these three pathetic channels in every 5 minutes!

It was terrible, I tell you. I pretended to enjoy them, but I was not "woman" enough to do so. I didn't need to see sweating ladies trimming up their tummies, didn't have the guts to watch those so-called mushy Korean chick-flicks, and I couldn't stand the annoying drama of Fushigi Yuugi's Miyaka and Tamahome. BUT did I have a choice?

My face was turning green, ready to eject my vomit straight to the toilet bowl. Not later, the cable shows returned! THANK GOD!!

Chloe wasn't surprised after seeing me watch EVERY channel, from 3 - 90. I didn't care whether it was in Tagalog, English, Japanese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Korean, or Indian, whether it was just CNN or Arirang channel, Cartoon Network or some kung-fu action. It only revealed how much I appreciated cable TV better than before!

Comments

  1. Think again of your sins of you did to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your SINS will hunt YOU Down for what you did to me. This for calling me GAY WITHOUT any reasons. This is for you and for LESBIAN sister. Please think again of your SINS that we met in the chat room, MAN HATER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost forgot, I'M WATCHING YOU

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you think about Pink's note? Write 'em up!

Note: You don't have to be a member of Blogspot or Google mail to write a comment. ^^

Popular Posts