di makatulog (insomnia)

This is a randomly-written poem for my friend Anthony Fortes who suggested a poem for the insomniac; and this piece was created. I had poor English translations (below) but I hope they're good enough. Enjoy!

Pikit na.

PIKIT NA!

Ayaw mong sumunod?

Hay naku.
Ilang oras nang nakababad
ang mata ko sa hangin

Hindi pa rin sumusuko
Hindi pa rin nanghihina.

Gising pa rin ako.
Bakit kaya?

Kulang sa bitamina?
Kulang sa saya?

Sobra sa tulog kahapon?

Sobra sa pagkabato?

..walang magawa?

Teka.
Tumatakbo ang oras

Heto pa rin ako,
gising na gising


Ayaw sumuko ng matang
kay lawak ng pagdilat

May meeting pa naman
ako bukas

Pero pasaway pa rin
ang mga
matang ito.

Pikit na.

PIKIT!!!

-------------------

Insomnia

Shut your eyes.

Shut it right now!

So, you won't obey, huh?

Oh, well.

These eyes have been exposed
in thin air for too long.


And it won't give up.
It just hesitates to rest.

I'm still awake.
I wonder why...

Do I lack vitamins?
Happiness, perhaps?

Had too much sleep?
Or been bored for too long?

...and yet there's nothing left to do.

Wait--
Time is running
and I'm still here;
so much alive

These huge eyes
won't ever give up
and I still have a meeting
for the next day.

These eyes won't
ever
take a break.

Shut those eyes down...

Shut it out!!

Comments

Popular Posts