My life, 2009

2009 had been a dramatic year for everyone. That included me! There were so many things that happened, but there were some events that are just unforgettable:

Online Chatting. I started the year just chatting with friends around the Metro and abroad in Canada, the US, Australia and France. Every weekend, I kept my YM and MSN accounts on at the same time, just to connect with my fellows; simply talking about anything, and sharing life-experiences together. I enjoyed just chatting with them because it opens mindsets a lot.

Facebook Mania. If everybody got so hooked into it, I did too! Name it: status updates, friend requests, uploading pictures, tagging, games, games and more games. This is one reason why Chloe and I were just fighting over the PC!

Farm games. My French friend Florent invited me to this game application in Facebook called FarmVille which I really appreciated. I got so hooked into it but I got tired, so I switched to Barn Buddy and Country Story where most of my friends were in it as well. But there were just too many farm games that got me tired of virtual planting!

Old-fashioned letters. It's very rare for young people (ahem...young people) to send snail mails to their friends, most especially that nowadays e-mail is much faster, cheaper and more reliable. But for a girl like me who grew up as a teen during the 90s (that's still young, you know!), I still prefer the traditional way of exchanging letters. I love to read very personalized handwriting (no matter how bad the penmanship is), holding different kinds of papers and receiving printed photos and postcards. Oh and don't forget stamp-collecting!

Collecting postcards. Aside from traditional letters, I also love collecting postcards. My friend Bruno had given me several postcards from France, London, Indonesia, China and Thailand. And they're all kept in a small scrapbook that I bought in a bookstore. I got so addicted to collecting postcards that I even bought a lot of them every week at the bookstore! I enjoyed purchasing different photos of the Philippines.
So what's the use of collecting postcards, you say? Well, it's a special thing for me because it reminds me of three things: culture, life, and memories.

Blog-writing. I love to write since High School. Most of the topics I take note of was about my growing up. Nowadays I enjoy writing about my life experiences and traveling. During this year I became an avid writer of just about anything, and people just got interested about what I write. My friend Erwin even encouraged me to write more because it opens mindsets as well. Not later I transferred my journals online here at blogspot, where I got to manage my writings more properly.

Hand-painted drawings. Drawing has always been my favorite hobby and talent, but during the past few years I stopped doing it because of work. I missed drawing, especially the hand-painted ones, so I started all over again. I sent 3 drawings for Bruno when he was in China and he loved it so much that he even framed one of them!

Typhoons. There were 4 consecutive typhoons that hit the country in just 2 months. It was a very traumatic experience. A lot of people died, perished, lost their properties and loved ones, and the economy was turned down again.

Deaths. 2009 has been so greedy about taking lives, especially to local and international celebrities and icons. Two of the people that saddened me was Michael Jackson and former President Cory Aquino.

Dine-ins and hang-outs. As a single young woman, I enjoyed getting around with people. And food. And PARTY!!! Most of the time after work, I went out with my colleagues simply to eat out at a fancy restaurant, play badminton, sing along at videoke bars, shopping in malls and all that jazz.
Me (in an olive-green shirt), Chloe (white shirt) and my colleagues posing after a badminton game

Song composition and recording. I never thought my original songs would be put in MP3. Thanks to my music teacher and friend, Kuya Rey who never failed to inspire me. I got my first canned song just last October, and this year I'm wanting more!!

Traveling. If this isn't in my list, I'm not Jenny at all!
This year I've been to Capones Island in Zambales (May) to hit the beach, Manila-hopping (September) to see the Coconut Palace, Bahay Tsinoy, Paco Park and stroll around Shangri-La Plaza Mall, visited Bataan (November) to witness the Pawikan festival (releasing of sea turtles to the shore), and trekked the mountains of Sagada (December) and visit caves, ancient burials and gigantic falls.
Me posing at the soft sands of Morong, Bataan.

And that's all, folks! Now that it's 2010, I'm sure there's a lot more to discover and experience. I surely can't wait!

Comments

Popular Posts