There's a ROBBER in the house!!

Monday night, 7:30pm. Relaxed but a bit tired for the day, Chloe and I opened the main gate of the house and proceeded to the kitchen door. But before we opened it, a sequence of footsteps from the roof was heard. It went slow and dramatically heavy.
I looked at my sister with fear. Someone is invading the house.

In an instant, I gripped my keys with my bare hands to avoid an unnecessary noise. We observed the freaky sounds as it went closer. And as it carried on, my heart raised like crazy.
Chloe quickly guarded the gates and looked from left to right, ready to hit anyone who would attack us. I quietly opened the kitchen door and sneaked in.

Axelle, our cat, welcomed us with a calm meow, offering such a confident greeting. Ironically, our heartbeats never stopped raising.

The footsteps started again. Chloe came inside the house to
further check the interiors. It was empty. I went upstairs and checked for our room. My heart froze. I heard another series of steps inside.
"Someone's in our house!" I whispered to my sister.
We exchanged places. This time she went upstairs as I waited at the kitchen.

While waiting for a signal from her, I observed around. Later, our puppy howled from outside. It sounded as if it was being tortured.

My hands started shaking. I quickly texted my friends about it. I was panicking like crazy.
Chloe got impatient. Although she was unsure of what could happen, she just took the keys and opened our room.

All windows were locked.

"There's no one here," she informed me, as she actively checked for the other rooms.

Everything was securely locked.

If the entire house was empty after all, then what were those footsteps on the roof that left me trembling like crazy? What were the strange thumping that I heard from our room? Was it our imagination?


We later found out it was nobody else but our other cat, Clayton. He was sneaking on the roof for food. He was deeply hungry, waiting for us to come home.


Then what were the ones that I heard upstairs?

That, I don't know. But whatever it was, it could be just my imagination taken from my paranoia.

Nevertheless, what's important was that both of us were safe.
So, what's the lesson for this experience?

The answer lies in your mind. You know it for sure.

Comments

  1. omg i would have cried if that happened to me!!! i wouldn't be brave enough to come in.. i probably would have stayed outside and called the cops... while crying :S

    im glad you and your sister were okay though!
    btw, this is anne (a.m. :P)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TH - "tamang-hinala"? hehe! just kidding. yes, you right, it's just an excessive suspicion lingering in your head. and what's important is that you and chloe were safe. be safe and always keep your guard up.

    lesson? keep your cats well-fed..hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paolo here. I can relate. There are are at least three strays here and they're noisy when they're jumping or running across the roof. Sometimes it can make the uncle's/neighbor's babies cry.

    Good piece. Between this and Sudden Venture, you might have a future in writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Anne: Hey, thanks for frequently following me! ^^
    @ Apol: Sabi ko nga! XD

    @ Photon: Thank you so much for the compliment! BTW Chapter 3 of Sudden Venture will soon be posted!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you think about Pink's note? Write 'em up!

Note: You don't have to be a member of Blogspot or Google mail to write a comment. ^^

Popular Posts