Bataan: The cowgirl way (Part Three)

Previously... (read Part 2 here)

We arrived at the terminal in Balanga; Bataan's chartered city. Unfortunately, we failed to ride the bus going to Morong so we waited for an hour! And worse, when we finally had our ride, the driver seemed to be taking us to nowhere!


"Nandoon pa sa dulo ang Dorothy's resort,"
(Dorothy's Resort is just on the edge of the road) the conductor told me after asking him where we were going. Well, I've got to trust him!
Soon the bus stopped again, this time to an even more creepy place.

"Andito na ang resort, baba na kayo!" (The resort is here, better get down, now!) The conductor yelled. I hope he was right. All we saw was a corner filled with signs of other resorts, but none for Dorothy Resort. Good thing a passerby came and told us that the resort was just straight ahead. I didn't believe him at first, but did I have a choice?
As we walked to the dusty pathway, I noticed a beautiful view of the mountains and rice fields on the left side. I was even awed when I saw carabaos, cows, farm dogs and ducks nearby. I missed this kind of scenery. I took some pictures and while carrying on, I noticed a sign from afar that read, "Dorothy Resort". Thank God!

We met Dorothy, the owner of the resort and checked-in at this air-conditioned room that stood on the corner. It cost us P1500 a night ($10 shared by 3 people). After putting our baggage down, we rested for a moment and looked around the resort. It was never different from the places around town--chickens and dogs guarded the place. The huts looked abandoned but it was okay for us. In fact, we were the only guests during that day. So it means...the territory is ours!
The three of us excitedly ran towards the beach that was just behind the resort. The sand was grayish, but we were awed with the clear blue sea. But because the sun was too hot and we were all exhausted, we took a shower and organized our stuff.

"Sardinas de Utak"
Joanne volunteered to cook lunch for us. We bought rice, water, egg, and 2 cans of sardines nearby. (P60 or $1.20) As R-lie and I came to the public kitchen, we were shocked upon seeing such a weird 'cuisine' that Jo prepared for us. The sardines was heated up and mixed with scrambled egg, topped with tomato sauce. It didn't look pleasant at all.

"What on earth is that!?" I panicked.
"Well...I dunno...but it's good! Come on, try it!" Jo answered with a freaky smile.
Upon tasting the 'gourmet', R-lie and I couldn't help but look at each other in disgust.
"It's good!" I told Joanne with a fake grin.


"..I mean it's NOT!" I cried out loud.


The duo just looked at me with a blank stare. Suddenly, a meow was heard. We looked below the table and found a cute kitty with a mixture of orange and white color. She looked really hungry. Just in time, kitty. Just in time!


To be continued...
Next: Let's hit the beach!

Comments

Popular Posts