Stalkers

Have you ever received a text message that read, "Can you be my text mate?"
Have you ever received a bouquet of red roses sent by a delivery express truck but the sender was unknown?
Was your doorbell abused by this particular someone who visits you in the most-unwanted hour?

These are some of the traumas experienced by ladies who were victimized by obsessed followers. And guess what---men can be solid victims nowadays, too.
It's no doubt, lovable men and women are just so tempting to be followed and given attention to. But sometimes, when things just get more than enough; the happy, flattering background turns darker than black. Thanks to these individuals who cross the line. People who are commonly known as, "stalkers'".

Trust me, almost all people in the world are taken advantage of unwanted individuals. I got my first stalker when I was in the 5th grade. At that time, I never knew what a "stalker" was, but indirectly, I often felt like being harassed. This guy was my seatmate in class, and he often taunted me 'weird' because of my obsession about anime. Not later during class hours, he started chatting with me as if he was a close friend. He asked me a lot of questions about my identity. As an innocent girl, I gave him a lot about my information. Sooner, he gave me chocolates in the slightest occasions and guess what--he gave me a huge choco bar in Valentine's Day. At the end of the day, he asked me to be his girlfriend!

Another story was when I was in high school. There was this guy--short, dark-skinned, and with eyeglasses. I met him during the Intramural because of my best friend.
A few weeks after he visited my house and asked me for a badminton game. At first I thought it was okay because I always considered him like a brother. Not later he started sending me a lot of things like drawings, letters and cookies. These things became more frequent than before but I really didn't mind. Not until one day he called me over the phone and admitted his secret feelings about me. I froze--not because I was falling for him too, but because he wasn't my type!

But did he ever stop? NO. In fact, he became worse! He visited my house every after school, at night, and even late in the evening...like 2AM! He sent me so many emotional letters and gave me dozens of chocolates, flowers and Ms. Field's brand cookies (while my sister Chloe loved eating them, LOL). But wait, there's more. My best friend even pleaded me to date this guy even if I hesitated!

When I went to college, I also had a terrible admirer who gave me a couple of love poetry books and asked me for a date almost everyday. When I transferred to another school to take computer classes, there was also this guy who frequently asked to date me. He even blocked my way going to the classroom just to ask me out!

And did I ever escape this nightmare at work? Probably not.There were a couple of men who chased me a myriad of times; and one of them even had himself drunk when I turned him down.
Another guy often followed me around; asked me for a date to watch an orchestra performance in a high class hotel in Manila, followed me in a mall near my area (but I escaped that incident, LOL), often tried to get me alone, gave me a number of gifts and told sweet tag lines while we were together. (But don't get me wrong; I fell for him in the end!)

So how would you know if someone is a stalker? You wouldn't realize unless you notice your best friend, classmate, colleague, neighbor (or worse, someone you really don't know) would do such a lethal thing to your private life. Check out if someone in your life have been doing these things to you:

-calls/text you more than 3 times a day, even if they are NOT that close to you

-giving you nice things without any reason at all more often than your significant other does.

-indirectly takes a picture of you (and worse, have it printed WALLET SIZE for his/her...well, wallet.)

-asks you for a date all the time (this is both for the ladies and gents!)

-knows your mobile number, home phone number, birthday, age, address, school/workplace, favorite color, likes and dislikes, favorite food (and all your favorites in life), secrets, embarrassing moments, family members, middle name, where you've been for the last hours of the day, etc.

-PMs you in Facebook for the craziest reasons

-watches your Profile, Info, photos (in short, your Facebook site) everyday. (too bad, you wouldn't know anyway)

-comments on ALL your online photos ALL the time.

-reacts every time you change your FB status.

-literally follows you around even if you NEVER wanted it at all!

These are just a few and common things that happen to victims nowadays. But think again; YOU can be a stalker yourself!
So how would you know if you're a stalker too? Read it all over again and see if you earned at least 1 point from the details. And if you do, congratulations. You have the right to be called...a stalker!


Comments

  1. Very nice post, but I would be interested in knowing is how you will avoid these stalkers :D I have stalked someone before but it was my ex-GF. This happened when I allowed her to go out with her guy friend and I was a bit unsure of what will happen, so I followed them around the mall.

    Stalkers have that deep feeling of insecurity and always have that fear of rejection, even for the simplest reasons. That's why they always prefer the indirect approach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahha! Thanks for your comment, kyobinbou! Perhaps I write an entry on how to avoid stalkers XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. naks! showbiz..feeling artista..haha..just kidding..

    seriously, just a thought, i don't think (opinion ko lang ito ha!) commenting on FB or on other social networking sites can be considered as "stalking".. yun ang SILBI ng mga social networking sites in the first place. to interact, to socialize. you post or say something because you want to share it to the world. kaya tingin ko wag ka mag-inarte kung may nag-comment sa mga pinaggagawa mo. napaka-contradictory na way of thinking nun..

    but then again, may LEVEL pa rin yun. tama ka, pag sa tingin mo ay parang nai-invade na ang privacy mo, nakakaasar at nakakatakot na. yun na, umiwas ka na..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Apol: Hmmm...may point ka sa mga sinabi mo. Yung regarding sa frequent commenting, depende naman yun kung ano ang laman ng mga comments, diba. Atsaka depende rin kung gaano mo kakilala yung mga nagko-comment sa status, pics, etc. Siyempre walang malisya kung kakilala mo naman yung frequent visitor mo.
    I'm referring to malicious content of comments, etc. but that doesn't necessarily mean na porket frequent magcomment eh, stalker na. Depende pa rin kung anong level of interaction diba.

    I have many friends who frequently comment in my FB infos but I don't consider them as stalkers, simply because I know them well; they're my close friends and I expect a lot of interaction from them. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you think about Pink's note? Write 'em up!

Note: You don't have to be a member of Blogspot or Google mail to write a comment. ^^

Popular Posts