Taking risks

Every person has a dream--a dream to get rich, to be a star, to achieve an award, or travel the world. But not everyone gets what they want.

...unless they take risks.

Many believed that taking risks is the only way to achieve a certain goal. It is said that we have to push ourselves and escape from our comfort zones to know the truth of what could come to our lives, may it be good or bad. Take note; good...or bad.

One of my greatest dreams is to travel the world. It's not just the beautiful places that I want to be amazed with, but my heart also searches for people with different beliefs, extraordinary lives, and amazing stories. But in order to achieve this ambition, I have to step out in faith and put my words into action. I have to set my goals, prepare for the future and make my decision firm.

It could have been a piece of cake, really. But something came in the way. A barrier that kept on delaying this dream, no matter how hard I tried to get away with it:

Fear.

Fear poisoned my motivations. It invited paranoia, continuously destroying all my hopes.
And sadly, it conquered my heart.

It was no doubt how much wounds I received in this dream. People discouraged me, financial issues blocked my way, and discrimination offended me very often.

I was almost at the point of giving up, until someone took my hand and pulled me from the ground. He opened my eyes. And somehow he healed my broken heart.

"You have to take risks,"
he told me.

It has been told a million times by a million individuals, several philosophers, teachers and ordinary people.

We have to take risks.

But did everyone fully understand what it meant?
To take risks means we have to stand up even if our legs are tremendously bleeding. It means wiping off our tears even if we have shed enough. It means continuously moving for the race, may it be walking or crawling on the track, no matter how dark and dirty the path would appear.

But how far do we have to go out of one's depth? As long as we're literally alive, we have to keep moving. We have to believe; we have to keep the faith. We have to be strong. And it is all about taking risks.

Comments

Post a Comment

What do you think about Pink's note? Write 'em up!

Note: You don't have to be a member of Blogspot or Google mail to write a comment. ^^

Popular Posts