My Eastwood Night

"Oh...my..."

I uttered, as Alex slowly opened the door for me. It wasn't long until I blurted out my last word.

"...GOSH!"

"Neat, isn't it?" Alex assured, who laughed upon seeing my astounded eyes that glared at every corner of her new flat. Oh, and I wasn't just astounded. I was stunned.



Soft-textured sofas, a cooking area, a personalised ref, a double-sized bed, a neat dining area, a flat-monitor TV...and who wouldn't think twice with the outstanding bar decorated at the corner. Yes, she has a bar. HER own bar.


"I looooove your room!" I exclaimed.

"I love it, too! You know, I felt exactly the same way when I saw it for the first time!" Alex admitted.

I endlessly gasped at the room. I looked upon the huge window that showed a view of the huge buildings surrounding the city. And it was indeed a steep view; that's because she lives in the 20th floor.

* * *

That night, Alex showed me the shops, buildings, and great sites around the small city. Bright and colorful lights animated the surroundings, and there were various types of music at every corner. I felt like I was walking in the streets of New York.

"After I show you around, we'll spend the night with a bottle of red wine!" spoke Alex.

Like the common ladies of the world, both of us lingered more at the clothes shops nearby.

We couldn't hesitate looking at the fabulous finds around. But they seemed to be hopeless
for our pockets because the prices of the clothes seemed like a pot of gold! Thank goodness there were also bargain shops which stood at the oldest boutique of Eastwood. Perhaps this is Alex's survival mall!

It was a long night for both of us, especially when we were looking for a cheap cork screw that would serve as the opener of our red wine. Too bad the cheapest one cost P700! (US$14) Not later we had an idea and tried visiting the neighbors to see if they had a spare one. Lucky for us because a man at room C offered us one!


So the night carried on and we happily took home Mang Inasal take outs (barbequed chicken and hot, banana leaf-covered rice) and a medium-sized bottle of French wine. Alex also bought me my favorite dessert, "halo-halo" which is also a Filipino delight.

"What do you call that again?"

"Halo-halo."
With curled eyebrows, Alex curiously watched me as I opened the glass of halo-halo (pronounced as "hah-lo-hah-lo") composed of crushed ice, colorful jellies, sweet beans, unsalted nuts, flan, condensed milk and ube ice cream.

I stirred it slowly as she looked at me with disgust.

"Try it! It's good!" I encouraged. And while she did, she offered me a face that seemed as if she was about to vomit.

"It's like garbage, Jenny! It's sooo..."

"Gross?" I continued with quite a surprised look.

"Yes...I'm sorry, Jenny," she dramatically answered.

I couldn't believe she disliked it. It was the most delicious dessert in the whole world!

"No, Jenny...NOOOOO!" Alex warned me after I gave her another spoonful.

Oh, well. If she didn't like it, could I force her anyway? Nevertheless, my Eastwood night didn't really end that bad. It was in fact, a great one... felt like I was in a chick flick series on TV. :-)

Check out the pictures here!
* * *

Comments

  1. I liked the earthy tones of the room. I would love to have a flat of my own :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Me too! Thanks for reading and commenting in my blogs, Brian! ^^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you think about Pink's note? Write 'em up!

Note: You don't have to be a member of Blogspot or Google mail to write a comment. ^^

Popular Posts