Yvette in the Philippines

It was 2pm when Alex and I came back to the office. A little later I received a text message from Merdie;

"Andito si Yvette, hanapin mo na lang,"
(Yvette is here, just look for her)

My eyes widened. I quickly looked around. Somebody told me she was at the Wellness Room so I hurriedly went towards that room. Shortly, someone called my name.
"Yvette!" I cried, and suddenly covered my mouth. I forgot that I was still in the office!

I hurriedly came to Yvette and hugged her tight. How I missed her a lot! I asked her to come with me inside the Wellness Room. From there, we talked about a lot of things--how she was doing in Singapore, what was life like, how she was able to handle things there and so on. She told me several things and shared to me how happy she was with her life there not because of her achievements, but because of her faith, and the support of the people who are dear to her.

"It's also a multicultural place, Jenny."
And yes, she considered a lot about a shared cultural life; that's because she knows how much passion I have for that thing. It was a brief conversation with her but we did have so much fun just being with each other. My smile almost reached my ears.

But at that moment, the thought about Singapore also got me thinking about someone else:


Bruno.


I wonder how he is.


Yvette told me that she and Bruno also meet sometimes; to hang out or even attend a young professional service together. I'm happy to know that they do meet there. I hope Bruno will be fine; despite the fact that he is still in the process of looking for another job. I haven't communicated with him for days...but I hope, he is just...fine.

Yvette and me sitting at a bench near the Plaza, at Alabang Town Center.

Comments

Post a Comment

What do you think about Pink's note? Write 'em up!

Note: You don't have to be a member of Blogspot or Google mail to write a comment. ^^

Popular Posts