Back to Eastwood, more French stuff

It had been a month since I last visited Alexandra.

After 3 months of fun, adventure and some bits of drama, Alex and I were separated for almost 30 days and there was little communication between us. That's because she finished her contract in my workplace and she moved to Libis to have another career experience in a different field.
But she's enjoying everything.

While sipping our favorite drinks at Coffee Bean just a few walks from her flat, the French girl and I never stopped talking about how we were, what life had been between us and everything else under the afternoon sun. We laughed freely just like the ol' days. And oh, it showed how much we missed each other...so badly.

It was a tremendous hot day, with a temperature that rose up to 38°C. No kidding. In fact, the light clothes we wore didn't even give us a refreshing feeling. We were sweating like crazy!

"Would you like to take a dip at the pool?" my girl friend questioned.

She shouldn't have asked me that. She should have pushed me right into the water in no time!

Crowded
Soon the skies turned dark as the sun slowly settled down. We couldn't wait to get into the pool! Unfortunately a crowded space welcomed us that it seemed impossible to dive in. There was a private party going on and the guard told us that the pool would only be vacant at 10pm. The night was still young, about 7pm so we lingered at the mall for a moment and bought some bottles of beer and some peanuts to nibble while we waited for our turn.

Les Champs-Élysées

The two of us couldn't stop laughing with our stories. We also reminisced all the adventures we did together during the early days. But the topic wasn't just about comedy. As ladies, we also enjoyed talking about love life, personal struggles, great movies, and um...boys?
And while going back to the topic about the heart, I laughed upon sharing to her my story about my first love who had some hygiene problems as she rudely pumped up the volume of the radio so as not to hear my story (LOL)! It was an ironic piano melody background and to our surprise, our favorite song came in!

She grabbed her cowboy hat, danced infront of me and altogether we sang,

"Aux Champs-Élysées!
Aux Champs-Élysées!
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées~!!"


An unofficial video for Joe Dassin's "Les Champs Elysées"
* * *
Pool madness
It was half past ten. I hope it was our turn to hit the pool!
And as both of us hurriedly came down to the 5th floor, we felt relieved upon seeing the spacious pool. Alex quickly dove in as she insisted for my turn.

"Give me 5 minutes!" I alibied.
"Jenny, It's okay! The pool is fine!"

I partially dipped my toe into the water and I screamed like a little girl. It was so coooold!
But soon enough, I took the courage and as I dove in, I gracefully swam towards her.

"How deep is this?" I asked.

"Not too deep," the brunette calmly answered. But I wondered why the water was up to her chin. I tried to tip-toe, but I couldn't touch the floor!

"ALEEEEEXXXX~ !!" I wildly cried.

She laughed as she watched me panic.

* * *
Cordon bleu and frozen potatoes
I sighed upon taking a good hot shower. Thank God I was still alive after that swimming madness. I know I knew how to swim, but perhaps my paranoia ruined my poise.
Not later I helped out in frying this odd-looking patties that, according to Alex, was called 'Cordon bleu'. I'm sure I've heard of this before, but I'm just not sure if it did look like a chicken patty.

"The real thing tastes much better than that," she commented with a grin.

I'm sure it does. Who would doubt about original French cuisine?
Although I proudly admit about the unforgettable laughter of mine when Alex told me that there was no such thing as 'french toast' or 'french bread' in France. The baguette is yet the number one 'french bread' ever existing there.

"And what are these frozen choppies?"
"Ah, those are just potatoes with some onions and pepper," she replied.

I even chuckled as she mentioned about her grocery shopping one day with Mr. Cork Man (not his real name), the guy who lend us a cork screw when I visited her last time. The man bought fresh ingredients while she stuffed her cart with instant food! Well, that explained it all.
After dinner, I arranged her bed and we lied down. She turned on her laptop as we watched the 6th Season of Grey's Anatomy via DVD. We didn't finish the episodes because it was late and I had work the next day.

"Good night, Jenny,"
"Good night, Alex."

But before we closed our eyes, Alex mentioned about her excitement to come home soon and be with her family and friends.

"Don't worry, Alex! It's only two months left! Just be patient!"
"I can't wait Jenny! I just missed it!"

She laughed at my reply, as I told her, "I missed it too, Alex. I missed it, too!"

* * *

Comments

Popular Posts