Sisters home alone...and in danger

I never felt so much trauma like this in years.

Our hearts never stopped racing upon realizing that my sis and I forgot to turn on the lights at the garage when we went to work. Now that it's getting dark and we're still in the bus heading home, we felt more troubled especially that the house was temporarily abandoned. Dad was far away in Cavite for a vacation and would go home tomorrow evening.

Traffic was terrible, and as the sky turned darker, my heart raced like crazy. My mind was playing with thoughts that could possibly happen to me and Chloe. I knew I shouldn't be thinking this way but my senses were strong. Something wrong was going on. I texted my friend and neighbor, R-lie who was just a few meters away from our house and asked to keep an eye on our home; but it seemed that she couldn't do so.

As Chloe and I arrived, I shivered and switched on my flashlight to open the small gate that locked the dark house. I bravely and actively took the other keys for the inner gate and kitchen door and successfully turned on the possible lights. Thank God our house was clear.

But how come I still feel uneasy?

I cooked a quick dinner for us so we could rest early. And as Chloe went to the sink to wash the dishes, the doorbell rang. I peeked at the window and saw 3 silhouettes of strange men who asked for my Dad. Stupid me, I told them my dad wasn't around. Then I asked them their concern. My heart sank when I saw them whispering to each other and said, "We just wanted to borrow something," they went away afterwards.

But it was just too suspicious, especially that the house was obviously unlighted for hours until we came. These guys must be up to something.

I told my sis to get in, lock the door and text our dad.
And my trauma even got worse upon reading the reply, "I DON'T KNOW THEM. Call the security!"

My heart froze.
Suddenly my friend Chedie went online, excited to chat about silly girly things. I would've shared her a lot of ideas too, but not this night. I informed her of what was going on. Shocked, Chedie immediately called the police, as we in turn, did as well. A few seconds later, my friend Alexandra went online as well, and I told the same story. She also called the police.

Unfortunately Chloe and I didn't know the security number of our village. Thank God for Google and Facebook, we got the contacts there. We immediately reported the situation, gave our address and actively waited. I called other neighbors as well.

After a few minutes, the police arrived. After hearing the doorbell ring, I felt safe upon seeing the rotating blue and red lights on top of a white 4x4 that parked in front of our house. I slowly came to the gate. The police asked me if the 3 guys I was talking about were the men that were already being seized by the other guards. I looked from afar and noticed the familiar hairstyle of the one who wore a white sando which I saw from the silhouette earlier. And doing so, my trauma multiplied. Still in suspicion, the police calmed me down, telling me that the security is just around and will wait for our next call if something else happens. One of them even gave me the nearest police contact.

Everything was cleared now, and thank God we're safe. A lot of my friends contacted me, especially my dearest Kuya. I felt more relieved when he told me he's willing to come over. But no need; the police are already keeping an eye on us.

After a wrong thought of a robber in the house that took place months ago, this is another incident that I will never forget. That's because I've seen the events one by one. Dark house, empty spaces...and 3 unknown silhouettes.

If I didn't take the initiative to call the security and my friends and relatives; if I didn't ask my dad who they were, I guess something unwanted could have happened to us. But my God spared us, and I'm so thankful. Though my heart still raced like crazy even while writing this blog, I'm also glad that I finally knew the security number of our village. In fact, it kept playing in my mind until now. It's simple: 873-7128. I repeat. 873-7128.

Comments

  1. natawa naman ako sa ending!hahah ok na sana yung blog e!heehee creepy pala sis!grabe...sorry i wasn't able to reply on your text...11 ko na ata nabasa text mo but i still covered you in prayers...thank God you're safe...and yes, He will always keep you safe and secured.Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. As in..hangga't ngayon nga kabado pa rin ako eh. Tignan mo gising pa rin ako. So imagine ikaw yung nasa lugar ko.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ingat kayo..marami talagang mga mokmakz ngayon..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Onga eh. I remember the face so well..parang sa suspense thriller movie. Nakita ko siya near our house malagkit ang tingin samin before we went to work. Siya rin yung salarin nung gabing yun..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean I have been to your house before and your description of the whole thing was really worrisome. I am glad you came out of it safe and sound and also your sister...

    It pays to have emergency numbers posted in the house for urgent calls... I have the gate guard number too posted on my white board and on my cell phone ... one has to be vigilant and takes a lot of common sense to be out of danger...

    Take care and hope no more scary encounters of its worst kind will lurk in your yard.

    Miss you..

    Ms.Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Take care and hope no more scary encounters of its worst kind will lurk in your yard."

    Thanks for claiming it, Miss Itchon. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you think about Pink's note? Write 'em up!

Note: You don't have to be a member of Blogspot or Google mail to write a comment. ^^

Popular Posts