The big embrace

I was worn out; my fragile arms were shaking.
I've heard enough.

Upon hearing the truth, I felt the pain that violently opened my scars of long ago. And there they were, bleeding like a stream.

My eyes shed continuous tears and sobbed so hard. I couldn't eat my dinner.

"Hey...take a break. Let's talk about that after. We'll go upstairs a little later," he said.

I couldn't look at him. I was just thinking of so many things. I couldn't let go.

Then we moved upstairs and I asked him to close the door. I didn't want anyone to see us. Upon grabbing his guitar he glanced back at me and set the guitar aside again. He knew I couldn't sing with him. My face showed enough evidence.

"Let's take that out," he spoke. He turned on my favorite song. It only distracted me.

"STOP IT!" I complained. But he didn't listen. He even pumped up the volume. I was wrong...the song was starting to move me. And it was bringing me to more tears.

"I said, stop it, you're angering me!" I yelled.
Eventually, I broke down, screamed and cried.

Unexpectedly,
I felt warm arms slowly covering my small body.
It was him...he embraced me.


I just broke down. I hugged him back. His strong arms weakened me; his caress just...comforted my soul. At those moments I felt so secured more than anything.


And I just continued to cry.

Comments

Popular Posts