Goodbye

I was downloading MP3s of The Corrs yesterday when suddenly I bumped into the song, "Goodbye"...

It brought a long flashback in my mind; a picture of myself riding a bus on my way home from work. The skies were dark, and it started to rain, as the long drops started blurring the window. I could hardly see the outside.
I was listening to the same band, and as the rain poured harder, the song came in.

I remembered him as the lyrics flowed dramatically.

"I never thought one day you'd be gone, away forever more
No one can say, no one could explain why you were taken..."

He was miles away...and I'm here under the rain in Manila.
I rarely had news from him, but something in my heart kept telling me to let him go. It was as if a premonition or a warning of a scenery that would later break my heart.

I let that warning pass, because I didn't believe it, but when he returned, the discernment turned out right. He would indeed, break my heart.

And after a few months after allowing my soul to move on, the song came back, and a series of his memories were revived.

But I learned my lesson now, and it's the perfect time to say goodbye.

Comments

Popular Posts