Generosity at your service

After four months of having no permanent job, I was left at home without freedom. Depression possessed my heart, and everyday I longed for a chance of winning a career that would give me stable finances. But there was no luck.

I kept my eyes open before the desktop PC that served me for hours each day; looking for opportunities that would fit my qualifications. Not for long, I felt my entire body aching for weeks because of staying crouched for too long. A tiny vein emerged under the skin of my right leg, showing signs of fatigue. My back was bearing pain and it grew worse each day. I felt like an aging woman. With these signs it gave me an idea of exercising. I started jogging last Saturday. Although it relieved some parts of my body, my right leg never got cured. In fact, my feet added to the problem. This time I thought I needed a masseuse to heal my suffering body. But with my part time job that only served me for paying my monthly bills I couldn't afford a massage. I wanted to skip the spa therapy but my body was already complaining and I needed the remedy so badly. Eventually my dad referred me to a neighbor who had a talent in body massaging. And though I should give payment, I considered it would be more affordable than being at a regular spa.

I was introduced to the daughter of Miss Marlin, our neighbor who was just two blocks away from our house. The young lady was Medley---quite a strange name that it sounded like melody. In fact, upon seeing her I already felt relieved with her humble appearance.

She smiled at me and welcomed me to their house. And without hesitation she invited me to her room and even asked me to lie on her bed for her to massage my aching body. After a couple of hours, my body felt appeased. As I was about to give my payment, I was surprised upon Meldley's response: she strongly disregarded the offer. I insisted about giving my money, but she didn't want to take it. She only gave me another smile and told me frankly that she didn't need it. And according to her, serving people with her talent and seeing them happy was enough as a reward.

I was humbled by this young lady. It's never too possible to see another person with such a generous heart like hers. And as I came back home, my silence continued, and my mind kept busy with a myriad of questions. Nevertheless, I was thankful that people like these still do exist. This world may be cruel and selfish, but there are still individuals out there who stand out for their down-to-earth hospitality. I wouldn't be surprised if she will be even more blessed than me because of such great act of kindness.

Comments

Popular Posts