My 2010 Christmas

It was December 24 and Edgie wasn't around.

My brother went off to see his girlfriend and celebrate Christmas at the young woman's house. How disappointing. He could have told us earlier! Now it was just me, Chloe and Daddy. Well, we didn't want to end the year miserably so to make it special the three of us lingered at the mall and had a hearty dinner at Manong's, a famous Filipino restaurant. Chloe and I also missed the nai chai in Hong Kong so we had a couple of cups for take-out at Quickly.


Manong's Bar and Grill at SM Southmall


My favorite kare-kare (vegetable curry), ordered at Manong's


..the famous crispy pata (roasted pork leg), our main viand


..and our favorite nai chai (milk tea)

Boxing Day
We called for Boxing Day as we reached home. Boxing Day is a term for opening the gifts during Christmas eve. The boy might not be around but he gave the three of us large presents. Altogether we opened them and to my surprise Chloe and I got ourselves an HP desk jet printer! Dad received a pair of leather shoes; unfortunately the size was an inch bigger than his foot (so the boy needed to replace it!)

Our new deskjet printer..


Christmas Day
It was 7 o' clock in the morning. Where is Edgie!?

"I'll be home in 30 minutes," he replied through my phone call. Thank God. He should know Christmas wouldn't be complete without him.

As he arrived, he went upstairs not to greet us, though; but he gave me a tiny box wrapped in Christmas paper.

"Sorry for that, but that's the only thing I can afford,"
Curious, I quickly opened the present. I gasped to see a silver ipod Nano on my hands. It may not be bodacious to some but for one simple girl like me who is a big fan of music, this gift was an epic.


My new ipod nano :D

"Thank you..thank you!!" I repeatedly replied.

His girlfriend April also came along, who wished to spend the holiday with us. So altogether we traveled to Cavite, Daddy's hometown; where we visited our beloved relatives, had a humble lunch, roam around Tagaytay City and enjoyed great snacks at Mushroom Burger. It might be one of the simplest experience, but it was my best time of the year.
* * *

Comments

Popular Posts