Heroes and underdogs

Heroes are often the main characters of a beautiful story. They are the ones who bring light to a tragic environment, and are often praised for saving the world. But before the stage of triumph, these protagonists are first called 'underdogs'. They are mocked, doubted and betrayed. They stumble so many times that it seems so impossible to be the lead of the scene.

We are all heroes of our own journeys, and so to speak, we are first pictured as the common underdogs. In fact, at every season of our lives, we go up and down from underdogs to heroes, then go back to being an underdog and a hero, as the cycle goes on.

For almost a year, I've experienced being one of the flops. I've seen the worst events of my life, and envied the beautiful happenings of most of my friends. I totally felt like...a loser! But after several months of waiting (or should I say, 'impatiently' waiting) the rainbow came, reflecting numerous blessings that I could hardly count. I literally felt like winning the lottery. I thought everything was a happy ending, but at the same time my mind was preparing for unexpected disappointments. And not too long, the dark days came. My smiles and laughter are slowly fading away with another row of trials.

At work I'm dramatically chasing deadlines, crying over layout designing and illustration jobs, being intimidated by professional teammates who are ironically younger than me, and demanding for a complete serenity and a wholesome time for myself.

Like how I barely prepared for anything that spelled out 'trouble', I know for sure the rainbow will miss me and later come back. But then as human as I am, I will never know the day of that light. I am still in this shattering stage, and the only bright side I have is the spotlight which is directly shining above me. (Dramatic background music insert here)

So what must I do now?

Like I repeatedly used to say, "That--I don't know."

But then again, don't heroes also feel the same?
They didn't know what to do. They NEVER were wise enough to save the day. THEY ARE JUST DESTINED TO SAVE IT.
Somehow I believe that that 'destiny' will soon come to me. I don't exactly know how to deal with it, but miracles do happen, and they are given to the chosen people--the underdogs who will later be entitled as, the heroes.

And the story goes on...

Comments

Popular Posts