Who's my right Mr. Right?

Romantic relationships are endless, and so are these annoying questions that bug every 'unattached' individual:

"Are you single?"
"Why are you single?"
"Everybody's getting married; why don't you join the club?"
"Are you...a lesbian!?"

Oftentimes when we hear such familiar words we feel like killing somebody!!!! It's actually a battle for two extreme groups: the frustrated singles and the happy singles. Obviously the frustrated ones couldn't help but dive into their ocean o' depression and shed their own bloody dramas. Whereas those who smile for their single lives keep their ears open and wave those nonsense interrogatives goodbye.

The thing is, like one of those happy singles, I AM not in a hurry. So who cares if I'm 27? That doesn't mean the world will create gigantic volcanoes and 'Pompeii' the homes of the hopelessly loveless. That won't even mean I am the black sheep in the passion community and HARDLY would even interpret I'm interested in french-kissing the same sex!!!

Now a lot of my friends are wondering why I'm in such a 'pathetic stage', as some people might say. It's a pleasure to share them my thoughts about it, as I have several considerations in a guy before he can be called a potential candidate. Many of my pals already know that I am not really into Pinoys (take note: NOT REALLY into; meaning I don't strictly disengage myself from them), but then there are just more important things to magnify than that. Let me name a few:

He should be faithful. Sure, we love the hot, boy-next-door types whose daring eyes and kissable lips are to die for, but most of them are...(sorry to say this if you're one of them) assholes. Enough said.
I'd still go for a man who knows why he wants the woman. And those reasons couldn't even match the price of a bag of diamond rings.


Tall says it all. Admit it; we all have a physical attribute in mind. Forget about the overrated good looks ( as long as his face doesn't look like sh**t) BUT never miss out the height. I'm a petite girl so I'm looking for a guy that can beat my dad's height (if not one who can afford to dunk into a basketball ring).


Travel junkie, music fan.
Can be both or any of the two, because these are my favorite things in life, if not cooking. :-)


Burara is a NO-NO. 'Burara' in Tagalog or 'messy' types are a major turn-off. I may be a neat freak and wouldn't care cleaning the rooms but DON'T make me wash your underwear.


Clowns are a plus.
Dude, I'm talking about the humorous ones and not the McDonald mascot.
Moving on, I've had some relationships which really clicked for quite some time not because they're foreigners or hunkies...but because their humor defined their character. I am a very emotional girl and I strongly agree that laughter gives the best remedy. But if you don't even know how to use the verb 'joke' forget it 'cause you should know better that spending time with you is all the joke!


A deep encourager.
I've fallen for guys not only with a sense of humor but a touch of wisdom and positivity. My life had solid ups and terrible downs and it blesses me every time somebody is there to cheer. Words to ponder and thoughts of happiness maintain a healthy relationship. I promise.



and most especially...

One who shares bigger faith. Trust me, I'm not religious, but it makes a difference to be with a man of great faith. For me it gives hope and..it sums up a man's worth.


So those are some traits that I am looking for in a man...trust me; I've seen a lot of them, but I guess I wasn't meant for them that's why I am still in the same status. But then again that wouldn't give a bother. I am confident enough and would dare prepare the most for the man He yet 'secretly' picked. :3

Comments

Popular Posts