Highlights of 2011

Whadya know--2011 is over! Did you guys even feel the length of that year? I barely did! It was probably because there were just too many events that happened in my life. It was incredible (Was it the same for you?)! Nevertheless let me recall some of the ups, downs and crazy moments of my 2011:

Job hopping. The early months of 2011 didn't flow smoothly because of uncertainties in my career life. In April I was quickly accepted at an online gaming company and worked there as a graphic designer and illustrator. Honestly I thought that was gonna be my last career in the Philippines until I got kicked out after four months because of cost-cutting! I was really disappointed because it was almost one of the best workplaces I've been to. I learned how to use the tablet pen, got more aware with online games and learned to appreciate art more. But thank God this short-term experience upgraded my professional career. Two months later I was accepted as an illustrator at a young graphics design firm and is earning more than the usual.


Fine dining and food-tripping with Jophet. Mostly after work, my friend Jophet and I made time for each other by trying out various restaurants around Makati. It was quite numerous, but what I deeply remembered was our dinner at Max's Chicken (unlimited chicken promo), Kanin club (Filipino fine dining), Caramia (gelato), Pho 24 (a Vietnamese noodle house at Ayala Triangle), and our most-favorite, Nolboo House (authentic Korean restaurant).

Pho 24's specialty

Jophet just can't wait to try my noodles!

He was my favorite dine-in chum because he loves to try out new dishes even if it cost us some bucks. I miss those moments now because currently he's in Los Angeles, California. I hope one day when he returns in Manila we'd explore more amazing dishes most especially at the awesome buffets at the Shangri-La hotel or even at the Manila Peninsula!

Makati life. It was my first year to work in the central business district. In the beginning I was overly-excited because it was a bit far from home and Makati is known for great diners, gimmicks and bars. And as time passed I learned much about the place, even enjoying a daily ride inside the e-jeepney every lunch time. Now at my new workplace, I finally tried eating at the Jolli-jeep and discovered more restaurants at Valero Street and Salcedo Village. The little treasures of Makati gets unveiled before me each day.

Ayala Avenue, Makati's central business district

Evening lights at the Ayala Triangle

Ayala Triangle garden

Greenbelt Mall

The Sims Social. Earlier this year came the trend of Sims at Facebook. My sister was the first player at home until I was invited and became the second loyal user of the game. It was literally addictive but I only played it for a couple of months because shortly after I found my latest job and got too busy.


The return of...Well I don't want to mention who this is but I'm sure most of you know who I am talking about. So yeah--this guy just..won't get out of my way! For sure he was forgotten for more than a year until my friend, Chedie gave me a fortune-telling about an unwanted person who would later send me a letter. Well guess what--the premonition came true!
I don't want to give more details about it, but bottom line, we both lost feelings for each other now. I guess this will be the last time I'd see him...and that's more than good to know!

Dad's in trouble. During the mid-year my dad encountered one of the hazardous diseases in his entire life--a combination of pneumonia and tuberculosis. It was a dramatic season for us because we saw how much he suffered with this sickness and the amount of money and time we sacrificed for his medication. I had a 6-day stay at the Lung Center hospital with him in Quezon City (which was a 6-hour trip going to and fro our house) and it changed our lives forever. Thank God again, because he survived. After 30 straight years of chain smoking, he promised himself never to touch a stick of cigarette ever again.

Body massage addiction. On a late September, a small building was erected in our neighborhood which was literally a few walks from our house. To my surprise it was one of the most vain shop I've ever wanted to have in our village--a SPA! It was a dream come true! Nowadays I am the queen of that place for being the most-loyal customer!


Skype mania. As a friendly girl having friends around the world, I enjoyed chatting over Skype to update myself with my dear friends from France, Canada and the US. One of my frequent chat mates were Theresa, Jophet and Florent. It feels good to talk and see them via webcam because the communication never made us miles apart.

Ebay fiesta. Chloe was the pioneer in the family for being an online shopper of PS 3 games, toys and other merchandise. Now I stand as the princess purchaser for different pairs of shoes. Each month my dad gets surprised for receiving several packages at home in just a few months--and all of them were..well, shoes! You guessed right--I could be the next Imelda Marcos!

Less travels. As an avid traveler, this was my dull year. I barely had the chance to explore! That was because I was too busy looking for a stable career.


And these were my highlights for 2011. I can't say it was a total adventure, but for sure it was risky and thrilling. I hope 2012 would be my fortunate year. I hope it will give me success, make more money and help me save for future plans (which will be a secret for now!) 2012...please... BE VERY NICE!!!


Comments

  1. With all the tribulations that happened this year... as indicated in your post, I can say it was still all worth it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee..thanks, Chedie! I'm sure this year would be even much better! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you think about Pink's note? Write 'em up!

Note: You don't have to be a member of Blogspot or Google mail to write a comment. ^^

Popular Posts