The Shooting star

Jogging is my new favorite hobby. For the past few weeks I used to jog around the village as early as 6am, then go stretching at home afterwards at the living room where I play along dance songs in my ipod, as my sister Chloe often commented, "Feels like Fitness First in the house!"

And since the summer just began, the temperature changed and it was hard for me to get up early due to the uncomfortable heat. So I moved my jogging schedule at night, sometime around 6:30pm where the cold breeze would start kissing my face and the setting sun brings a dramatic view. After a few minutes the horizon gradually blends into deep blue, as the stars gently decorate the sky.


I love looking at the atmosphere while I jog--especially when the moon is up above, and cotton-like clouds surround it. Last night was an awesome sight of the moon, and I enjoyed viewing it while eating my tokwa (fried tofu) bought from my favorite street vendor (whom I call Ate Tokwa) after an hour of jogging.

Just this night I went jogging at the same time, however the moon that I once enjoyed was not present. It's kind of funny to say this but I felt lonely without it! The thing is, I told myself that every time I'd see the full moon, a promise will come true someday. (I won't tell exactly what that promise is. XD) It's also the same for another promise every time I would see two airplanes in the sky (which I also won't tell). The other night was perfect because I saw the full moon and ten planes during my jog. But tonight--there was no moon.

I felt a bit sad, really; because I was reminding myself about that 'promise' that would later come to me. It may sound a bit absurd but, seeing the full moon would make me believe that promise. But--no moon for tonight. :(

I tried to jog a bit more to exercise my legs, and still hoped for the moon to come out. Not later I noticed the sky turning bright yellow from the west. Curious, I walked a bit farther to see it--and behold--the full moon, yellow, bright and BIG--appeared from the clouds. I was stunned.

Fascinated with the view, I went left to completely see the beautiful moon. It was huge. And I loved it. I was like a moth deeply hypnotized by the burning light of a candle. I kept walking and walking towards the direction of the moon and minutes later, I paused and sat at the sidewalk to make myself comfortable while viewing the lovely moon.

While gazing it, I talked to God about those personal things that I recently loved to chat about. It took me several minutes. I felt like leaving after a few moments but something told me to stay a bit longer. And as I did, I noticed something in the sky that seemed to be a fireball falling into the horizon. Lo and behold--a shooting star--right before my eyes!


I quickly made a wish, and noticed how funny I looked because I realized I was jaw-dropped for too long! But seriously--THAT was a magical feeling. And it was the first time I witnessed a real burning meteor.

Perhaps next time when I jog, I would see another meteor--not to forget my best friend moon and the beautiful twinkling stars. I felt so good when I saw that amazing sight. I can't wait to see another one. It was a simple yet awesome experience!

Comments

Popular Posts