What's going on with Pink and Stray?

Everyday is a new day. A new hope, a new task, a new fulfillment.

I haven't written much here in my blog, and I just miss expressing myself through writing.  If I remember right, the most entries I had was back in 2010 where I posted more than 50 poems, stories and reviews. I didn't just had a lot of time; I invested time for it because I was very very inspired. And now because I currently work in the busiest district of Manila, I barely have the chance to write all that I wanted to share online. In fact, I listed down my purple planner the titles of the blog that I am going to post. But only two of them were successfully published. Perhaps when I take my long week vacation in Samar 14 days from now, I'll put all my heart over it and write them up and blast them online. 

So Pink and Stray..what's going on with your life?

There are actually, a LOT--a bunch of overflowing things going on with my life. For just a few weeks after my unemployed days, I feel like a celebrity with quite a number of projects, commercials and films to do! (Remembers Alessandra De Rossi's 'LEGACY' soap opera)

The next career
The last intimate update I had written was about the loss of a job opportunity that I always wanted. After that, it took a few days before I am able to grab my inspiration and write again. Well, just so you know, after writing that blog (entitled, "Just Got Dead"), the following day was another interview from a gaming company. And you're right--I instantly got hired. :-) Honest to goodness--it was a breathtaking experience. I NEVER imagined being hired there because it was just too good to be true. It's not really the best job in the world but it is an astounding experience. The people, the environment, the building (which is next to my favorite park in Ayala Avenue), my salary (LOL), my career opportunities...just awesome. What I really don't enjoy though is the lack of internet connection at work (for business purposes) and my travel time. I usually end my work at 7:30pm or 8 and arrive home  at 9:30pm or even 10pm. Most of the time I find myself sleeping during my online classes! Good thing my students are patient with me :))   
Another exciting thing about my current job is discovering more artistic skills. Each 2D and 3D artist is provided with a Wacom tablet pen for work. And what's more, my teammates are wonderful and professional artists. I saw their monstrous portfolios (which I envied at times) and got inspired with their god-mode digital and traditional arts in various forms. They even invited me to join their manga-publishing group! This aggregation is literally about comic-book making and have them printed and sold to individuals and varied manga fans. And this is one of my dreams in life--to have my own manga exposed and recognized around the globe. 

Reunited with my best friend
I have met a lot of people in my active life, but there were individuals whom I could just share anything under the sun. And I mean ANYTHING. One of those people is my best friend since 3rd Grade--Joanne. 
Since April this year, we became just...so close. I don't even remember how we got too comfortable with each other. All I know is we didn't mind calling and texting each other everyday--and it is becoming a habit. Our friendship this year so far is the best. We encourage each other when one of us is down, we talk about our personal lives...and we talk about love lives and weddings, and marriages...it's just so fun. :-)

Being Happy
If there's one book that I'd like to have in my entire life, it would be "Being Happy" by Andrew Matthews. This book, lend by my friend Paul, gave me a change of perspective in life. I was once a negative-thinker and after reading a few chapters of this book it helped me realize and practice the beauty of enjoying a wholesome life. This intelligent book is so influencing it just got me so addicted to it. I bring it everyday at work, and I inserted my favorite bookmark in it given by a very special someone (it's not really a bookmark but I made it one, lol)


Physical exercise
For two months I became active again with physical exercise. I jog daily in the morning since March and also practiced stretching exercises. It got me back in shape and helped my respiratory system to function better.

The moon and the stars
Not all people appreciate gazing at the heavenly bodies. Well, I do. :-)
Since April, stargazing and moon-viewing returned to my hobby list. I usually ogle at the skies when I'm walking in the streets and jogging. It even feels good when I see a shooting star and the bright full moon. I gave signs and meanings to them every time I  see them because it reminds me of my hopes and dreams that I believe, will all come true.

A new manga
While working on my graphic novel, Sudden Venture, I suddenly thought of creating another manga that I'd like to publish locally. Thanks to my creative team mates who brought back my artistic skillz.

And most of all, love.
Need I say more? XD
*  *  *

Comments

Popular Posts