Seven years

Seems like time has given up
The sand particles have slid down
And the memory of us is but a bitter dream
that longs to be forgotten

The strums of the guitar has been plucked
in sorrowful rhythms
And your silhouette, completely fading
I've noticed how your lips have been sealed for too long
And it will never answer mine.

I guess all my efforts were done, if not wasted
It was more than my all--heart, mind and soul
I pause, as I stare at a blank space
And the dragging music carries on

The shallow tears have dug my weary skin
And my breath is chained in anguish
My Creator has seen enough of it
And He wants me to rise up.

My bones have dried into depression
And my pulse, sluggishly stomping
I don't how it is with you
But I hope you see the big picture.

He is at my side, and you're not
That deep understanding leans on my shoulder
And he smiles at my every emotion, while you
care less
Because he experienced the same yesterday.

I won't waste my time and leave you a curse
Because love does not count the wrongs
Maybe today is the perfect time to let go
Of the treasure I once found seven years ago...






Comments

Popular Posts