That Love...

I could not imagine the person I least expected--would try to knock at my door and say "Hello".

Well, I was glad it didn't happen literally! It was in a chat, I should say, and I was even happier because I didn't see his face. An old friend--a lover to be exact, but it was more of a complicated one; and for some stereotyped reason we didn't last long. In fact I sometimes never called it a relationship at all. It was more of a fling, perhaps.

So he started the random (and somewhat awkward conversation) by asking how I am with my current job and life. I told him I was okay, but because I was too honest with my feelings I asked him how he and his girlfriend are doing. He was surprised when I asked him that, but I made him feel that I am okay with that and I have totally moved on from him. And I was glad I did. I think he was, too.

Relationships, as some would presume, are more likely to end when one or both of the parties do not cooperate with each other. This sad ending happens to some people, and whether they like it or not, the stage of moving on has to take place.
I have experienced it for the rest of my life and it almost became an everyday trauma. It affected the way I think, the way I talk, and how I see life (and people).

Nevertheless there is still a small part of me that hopes for someone who would respect me and love me as a woman. Walking through all those deep, tormenting pasts have given me the harshest lessons and during those times I felt like a dying survivor struggling in the storm, hungry and soaking wet. But I am here now, living in the sunny, peaceful weather called, "today".

There is hope in every soul in us, and if we only fully accept to move on and chose life, that is the only time we will see the light.

As for me, I am still hoping, wanting, reaching to see that goal--the goal to feel an extraordinary care that no one can compare. That sense of belonging. That thing we truly call "true love".

Comments

Popular Posts