13 Things to be Thankful for 2013

Being with my family.
Throughout the year, I was able to spend a lot of fun with my family--various celebrations, special dinners, travels, or simply staying at home with them.


New friends. 
I met a lot of unique and interesting individuals from different places. It was a good chance to discover people with cultures and traits that have been an endless learning for me.

Travel opportunities - Leyte and Bacolod.
I had an awesome adventure with my favorite Ninang Emmy (my godmother) in Leyte and Samar upon visiting my relatives there--my grandma, aunt, and cousins. It was also my first time to see Kalanggaman Island near Cebu.

MacArthur Park, May 2013

Me and my crazy Ninang, at Kalanggaman Island


And finally, after many delayed and cancelled flight schedules, a chance to see my friend, Gheurch again after so many years! I met her new family, along with new friends, and more adventurous travels--hiking, touring around Bacolod City and taking a dip at the hot springs of Mambukal Resort. 

My new family in Bacolod--and more to come! ^^

Me and my good ol' friend, Gheurch ^^


A chance to love again.
It had been a tough time for romance this year but it was a big learning experience. I am thankful for it because it gave me new lessons about love and acceptance. And I'm sure there's more in the coming year. 

Komikon 2013.
Being a mangaka wannabe, I was given a great opportunity to join Komikon, Manila's National Comic Convention for Indie artists. I created two issues of my manga, entitled "English Please!", a culture-cracking, romance and comedy story of a Filipina young professional and a French expatriate. 

Kids' Church Ministry.
After quite some time, I was given a chance to join the Kids' Church Ministry at Every Nation Fort to volunteer teaching and having fun with the youngsters on Sundays. I also met new friends and had more gimmicks and bonding with them.

Celebrating my birthday with the KC Team 

I passed the IELTS without enrolling at a review center. :-)

Surviving my current job. 
It was a dense competition but I got through all the obstacles from getting fired, haha! Enough said.

Provision was limitless. 
Though I was broke most of the time, God never left me emptyhanded. There were people who blessed me with a lot of stuff that made me push through from financial struggles. 

Simple joys.
In the midst of literally being almost penniless, I still got myself a new bag, several new pairs of shoes, and a set of coloring materials to make new artworks for the coming year. God never failed to bestow me with simple things a young female artist would always want to have.

Staying healthy at all times.
Despite being skinny (and not being able to eat the most nutritious food ever), I never had a terrible disease in my entire life. Health is wealth, and being able to move freely is just as precious as gold.

Being loved.
I may not have the mushiest love story ever (and is still looking for Mr. Right), but there are still people out there I know who loves me through thick and thin (even that man who failed to love me unconditionally--you know who you are). These are my friends, my family, and my sweetheart. I know I am loved, despite my terrible attitude, forgetfulness, clumsiness and stubbornness. I love you too! ^^

I am alive.
What can be better than having the gift of life? This is another chance to enjoy it, spend more time with freedom and happiness, love and adventures with people who are dear to our lives. Challenge ourselves and overcome fear, anxiety, and doubt--in achieving our dreams that are just about to come true. Being alive is the best blessing anyone can ever have.

*  *  *

Comments

Popular Posts