Back to Paint!

I haven't touched my brushes and paints for almost 3 years now. It was a shame I overlooked my childhood talents and lingered too much on stuff that made me old!

So for the coming year, 2014, I'd like to come back to traditional arts and play with my paints ^^

Yesterday I checked my art box to see if there were still some paints that I could use. My art box had been one of the dustiest accessories in my room and sadly, the colors have all dried up. None of them really survived. :-/ But that gave me an idea of spending my Christmas money on new coloring materials. ^^

The next day I excitedly went to the mall to visit my favorite bookstore and check out some interesting stuff. It took me hours to look for art materials. In fact, I loved it. Spending a long time at the art section is one of my favorite past times. Upon picking  up the paints according to the list of colors that I had jotted down this morning, I found this affordable set that would fit my basic needs: 


The Colleen brand is a trustful brand as I have been using this for years since high school. It was the last piece in the bookstore. I made second thoughts at first because I picked the Sakura brand before this pack but that was more expensive than this one, so I bought this instead. 




For a pack of twelve useful colors, it costs 432 pesos ( 10 USD).

I also bought two more colors, the yellow ochre for coloring the skin and the pearl silver for shading metals and gems; plus a plastic palette and two more brushes.

Now my new beginner set is complete. Time to create a new artwork for 2014!!!

*  *  *

Comments

Popular Posts