Eyes Closed

The dream of being united as one
will remain a dream,
Floating on the clouds of anguish
I see nothing but a pathway of frailty
Into your heart in disguise

Though your thousand kisses and a million 
serenades try to win me
I shall never want again
The gate is slowly pulling down.

I know it was like an intermittent fault
To push my soul next to another
that was never sincere at all
Forgiveness may pay a visit, but the
pain follows through-- 
And my lungs are dried up.

I want to save us, but the Holy One forbids
He knows better than us.
If tears will kill our ties, so let it be
I am your prisoner no more.

My intentions are pure, you were but a thief
I wish you would change, but fools will
be fools
And cheaters will forever cheat. 

Tonight I will shed enough, and tomorrow
I shall wake up
Holding the hands of my Creator as He
leads the way
Let me grip the cup of truth, as I slide my 
arms away from yours

It's not yet too late, but once again
It's time I go home

Eyes closed, but with a renewed heart.   

 

Comments

Popular Posts