Karaoke machine

It started with a song, in this fancy karaoke bar
Lights were dancing, and so did we
Glasses of beer tossed, here and there
And there we were, in between.

You took the seat next to me and said "hello"
Offered me a drink, but I said, "no."
Instead I ordered water, and yet you tried to fit in
Kept asking me questions I never would have imagined.

I looked at your eyes as you looked at mine
As you grabbed the big box control and asked,
"What song would you want next in line?"
I really didn't want to tell, but you insisted
So I said "An Utada Hikaru, I hope you like it."

My hands and knees shook, for I couldn't sing Japanese
But you didn't mind anyway, your eyes were on me
And after that crazy hit, you asked for another one
But never did I know you wanted a duet song.

Little by little, our  shoulders almost touched
But all eyes were on us, and you thought you
crossed a little bit too much
And today we're back at zero, yet my heart never forgets
Until I found out something I would later regret.

I wonder if you still feel the same as much as I do
Because until now, I want you to know, I still think of you.
Maybe it wasn't really our fault, it was the karaoke machine,
That led us into this trouble, yet wish it wasn't just a dream.



...Still, one day, I wish it'd be you and me
One day, one day...
One at a time, one step slowly on the pathway...


Comments

Post a Comment

What do you think about Pink's note? Write 'em up!

Note: You don't have to be a member of Blogspot or Google mail to write a comment. ^^

Popular Posts