Narita

That name that sounded just like a girl's 
A name that sounded like a home for planes
A calling that gives me the longest stretch of smile
And yet I'm not entirely familiar with

I have fallen in and out of the deepest, most dramatic feelings
I can see your shadow about to enter my door.
Would you knock first?

I used to entertain strangers of this world,
thinking of receiving a harmless, clean encounter
But those were yesterday's mistakes, and I have vomited them out.
I want a new, modest beginning.

You are not at first, an attractive being
But something about you gave me the passionate chills.
I don't have to dig for the chest of answers
They are already buried in my damaged heart
Would you be willing to cover it with your bandage?

Each day I look up to the bluest sky
Thinking about you, and your voice that I almost forgot
I have only seen you once, but I want to be with you forever
Would you give me a chance?

...or should I give you the chance?




Comments

Popular Posts