Confessions of a life voyager

I have set my sails to cross the other side of my limited world to find what I thought, I would find. Happiness—it seems that everyone thought they knew what they're looking for. Money, fame, love. Three things that humans have always been obsessed to; yet, are somehow discovered by only the wisest men in history.

It has been a stereotype that stepping into greener pastures would only mean to get out of one's motherland. To escape from eternal suffering from debt, shame, regrets, and rejection. I am one of those voyagers who thought this was the answer: to cross the borders that would pull out the roots of struggling from financial issues and living life anew. But this voyage always asks for a price: the price to cut off your physical presence from the most important people in the world—your family and friends.

Ever since I rested my feet into the land of the rising sun, every little bit of my life has changed. And these little bits are even tinier than a pinch of sand, if I'm going to count them. From the air I breathe, to the language I speak, the food I eat, and the decisions I make. Every inch of them had to change. And those didn't feel pleasure. It was instead, a painful choice.

But as I said to myself a thousand times, “You will survive,” it seems that life isn't really playing fair. Oftentimes the more you play the dice well, the more it doesn't work. It never shows you the sides you want to see.

As time went by, I chose to accept everything that fell into my hands. Not that I wanted them, but because they fell into my hands and whether I liked it or not, I had to grab them. People call them opportunities. But these opportunities too, have a price to be paid.

“The best things in life are free”, they say. But really, what are those things? A myriad of individuals in this cruel world thought they knew, but do they really know it? If so, why are they still struggling?

Through my experiences, I learned and decided to be strong for my own good. But sometimes being strong doesn't really count as good. It's usually painful. Being strong has limits. Being strong has side effects. It stumbles you. It's like a house built on rock, without air to breathe. It seems too sturdy, but there's really no life. It's just..."strong”.

And as you try to keep your feet on the ground, something will always come your way. What you learned from experiences in the past doesn't give you any solutions now. This is a new challenge. A new level to think about. But your brain has worn out, and all you have left is a weak heart.

You ask yourself, “Will I survive?” after telling yourself in the past how much of an achiever you were. I guess that explains our being human. We are imperfect, after all.

The sun will always set, and rise up for another day. But we are limited. We are not like the sun.

The only thing we can do is to stay strong, even if life gives us a mountain of shit. Nobody will help us, but ourselves. And then again, it will always be a painful choice.


Comments

Popular Posts