Welcome Back!


 Wow—it’s been like, years…literally!

I have to be honest; I’m more than clueless to find the words to say. The last time I wrote in this blog was like, 2017 and I regret that time paused in my world of writing for almost six damn years! Where have all the creative  juices gone?

Well—I guess I have to explain that!

But first of all, allow me to inhale and exhale for two seconds. 

*inhale..

*exhale..

Whew! There you go. Thank you!

Those six years have been a BIIIG roller coaster, I should say. Since I left my home country, the Philippines to set an anonymous and yet daring adventure here in Japan, my life changed day by day. From the extreme four seasons of Hokkaido, to meeting the best and worst friends and acquaintances; countless culture shocks, language barriers, and tongue-twisting Japanese kanji (that I never took seriously until now)…meeting the man of my dreams…and a couple of months ago…

I tied the knot with the neighbor of one of my ALT friends! Just like that.

Yeah, indeed I am. I am now a married woman! But of course, life does not end to that.

I guess it’s quite impossible for me to write down all the details of my life experiences back then, but to sum it all, it felt like a diary of a movie character. I can never be more than thankful for all the ups and downs, life-threatening events, funny, scary, and all the dramatic crap you can think of. For the sake of adventure and love, I moved from Kyogoku to Sapporo, and now settled down in the humble city of Fukagawa. It’s ironic how a Southeast Asian woman would make it this far to a country so foreign to her, especially that the prefecture that was destined to her have the harshest winters of all time in Japan. But here she is, still standing!

That memory of me jogging every morning in the heart of BF Resort Village, anxiously wondering how the hell I could get a job in Japan…is now a thing of the past. I am here now, settled, and not going anywhere. I can name all the successes and failures in my mind, but find it hard to express it by tongue, because six years is no joke! I wish I could’ve controlled my emotions and put all those drama into writing, but well…it’s all done now, and there’s a new day ahead. 

So, 2023…what do you have for me?

Are there new surprises waiting to be discovered? Disappointments, and a new set of failures in line? I am not thrilled about the failure part though, but I am all ears, and I am ready for a new set of goals to accomplish. Here’s to 2023!


Comments

Popular Posts