Happy Weekend

 


It’s funny how these days our life revolves around work, sleeping, and eating. What a sad, boring life, right!? But that’s just how it is, thanks to the world’s greatest friend—er, nightmare, COVID!

Somehow, Shingo and I try to do something worthwhile just to ease our paranoia from the still on-going phenomenon (though it may be debatable nowadays because the world is evolving anyway), and one of the things we do is to go out and try to have some fun like every normal person does. 

Yesterday, I decided to drive to Takikawa to buy some stickers and letter sets at the 100yen shops. Luckily the weather was fine, so I had the confidence to drive without slipping on the frozen road. But did I, anyway? Well, I skidded a bit on the way!

I first stopped by Daiso and, oh well—let the store rob me off, haha! I wasn’t surprised anyway, because there were just too many nice, shiny, cute stickers waiting for me. Apart from that, I also bought a few for my friend, Alia at the Fukagawa branch last Friday. 

The day was still early, so I had more time to kill before I return home to edit some videos. I turned my wheel at the Plaza to buy more stationery at Watts 100yen store. What more can I say? Stationery is life, haha!



But damn, that place is a wallet destroyer. This month, it released the spring collection which featured cherry blossom designs. There were washi tapes, letter sets, chopsticks, memo pads, and more. I wish I could buy them all! I only bought a handful, but I couldn’t resist so I bought more than I needed, haha!

Fukagawa Snow Festival

It was my first time to witness one of the exciting events of my hometown, the Fukagawa Snow Festival. It’s like a small version of the Sapporo and Asahikawa Snow Festival. There were some ice sculptures, snow statues, and lots and lots of little handcrafted snowmen especially made by the kids of the town. There was no entrance fee, so everyone is welcome to enjoy. There were also a number of food stalls that both kids and adults can enjoy. Shingo and I hurriedly bought some delicious long potato fries, a pack of takoyaki, and omuyaki soba. We thought of driving back to our apartment to eat there. 

2nd Street

Shingo decided that we stop over at the recycle shop to check for some skirts for my business attire. I was excited and hopped out of the car upon arriving there. Unfortunately, there was no appropriate skirt to find; yet I still got myself some interesting ones: a pair of snowboard pants and a trench coat, just right for my autumn wear and snowboarding plan for next winter. I got the pants for 900 yen and the coat for 500 yen. Lucky me, I guess!

Valentine Chocolates

Shingo didn’t have a good time buying his new work boots because he thought spending 7,000yen for that wasn’t a thing to enjoy at all. So when we drove to Aeon afterwards, I suggested that we take a look at the Valentine Chocolates corner after shopping at Kaldi. There were a number of cute chocolate boxes, although I remember there were better ones in the previous years.  But anyway, I chose a nicely decorated chocolate box which was fit for my budget. I hope he liked it!



We bought some packed meals at Max Valu which was a good price and then returned to our apartment. We took enough time to chill and warm ourselves at the kotatsu and had a toasty bath at our home onsen. I think it was a good weekend! I’m very delighted indeed.



Comments

Popular Posts