I Need To Rest

My boring routine of work, eat, and sleep began just a few weeks ago and it’s starting to get to me. I wish my husband and I could do something more than this!

There were options, of course; like dining out or go shopping, but that’s probably the safest and most possible thing to do this winter. The pandemic is still around, sadly; though many parts of the world are starting to take out their mask routines and try to live like the normal days, Japan’s just not yet ready for that.

Monday went well for us, though—typical morning preparations, hubby goes out shoveling and heating up my car, driving it next to our entrance so I don’t have to go all the way the parking area to do that. Drives to school for the two classes I usually do with Kataoka-sensei. Typical Monday plans.

Then there’s Tuesday. I woke up and realized I just needed a break. The evening after Monday work, I just watched an episode of Desperate Housewives and after that, I found myself sleeping under the kotatsu. I woke up when Shingo arrived from work, fifteen minutes before 8, I guess…and there was no dinner prepared yet. I was that exhausted.

So yeah, Tuesday. 

I took that day for a break—over fatigue was the reason. 

It was a good rest, actually, but in the middle of my paid leave, I still had to do chores! Laundry, specifically. House chores will never be out of tune.  But you know, we gotta make those clothes clean and smell good—for another hard day’s work. It’s just all about work now! 😢

Wednesday went well, as it seems. I had to work, anyway. But as one of our company staff said, “Jennifer, you need to rest.”

In the middle of the day while preparing for another warm-up activity for the middle school kids, my throat began to itch hard and I coughed for a minute straight. That was an awful one, and Suzuki-san, sitting beside me, felt very uncomfortable. I don’t blame her, though. That was a really disturbing cough. I knew I had to see the doctor.

A few minutes before 11, I called my company and informed them about my condition: my body still aches, my head spinning a bit, headache…and the dry cough that sounded more like a struggling engine. 

Soon after, I saw myself driving back to Fukagawa for a check-up. Long story short, it was an entire afternoon going in and out of the hospital for a PCR Test. Took another hour to wait so I stepped in again in my apartment to take a snooze and wait for the result. Result came in negative. Oh, thank GAWD. But the story doesn’t end there, I need my medicines, of course. 

I grabbed at least 25,000円 for my hospital bills, but thanks to my insurance card, I had a huge discount and just paid almost 4,000. Because of that, I bought myself some citrus fruits, honey, and some sweets that would calm me for the next few days. 

I requested for another couple paid leave days, granted. Something to be thankful for again.

Today is a Thursday, and I have a day off from my part-time. No cash in, but that’s okay, I guess I need this rest more than anything else. Now, let’s relax, sip some tea, do some journaling, pen pal writing, and a little bit of video editing. After all, my YouTube channel is hungry for new videos. ❤



Comments

Popular Posts