12 Things that I'm thankful for in 2012

failed to carefully list down my highlights of the year because they are just too many! So I might as well mention 12 of the things that I am very thankful for:

Friends. This is one of the most important experience that happened this year--I gained so many friends every month! I never imagined I would meet so many people in my life in just 12 months. I experienced a lot just being with them, sharing moments and discovering new hobbies, stores, places..and so many more to mention. Through friends I learned more about myself and improving my personality and relationship with God. And they too, gave meaning to my life.

My colleagues and sisters of the Game Design Team

Kids' Church Ministry Team 4

Ladyluck Digital Band and colleagues

A stable job. For the past 3 years I never stayed longer than 5 months in a company because of cost-cutting and other economical and business issues. But this year I am thankful because I celebrated 8 months in my current position (and the days carry on!) 

Being single. While others made it a big deal being alone, I considered it a gift and a successful faith goal for the year. I may have failed to guard my heart at times, but God still looked after me. Through this I was able to save some for my future expenses, and appreciated my time with family and friends. I was able to focus on my career and walk with God.

Coming back to God. After a couple of years being away from God, He decided to invite me again in His temple. I thank Him for using my friend, Jed who helped me go back to the Church community. Through this I met new people who guided me with my spiritual life. And I am very much grateful.

Character discipline. Only in this year did I experience like..dozens of tests in life! Most of them are character building. I was tested with my patience, focus on God, priorities,  my heart, and even friends! But despite that, this disciplining has helped me see the wrongs in my personality and figure out how to deal with it. I may not change 100% for the better but I know little by little I am getting there. 

Being healthy. Aside from being single, I am also thankful for being  safe and sound especially with my physical body. Health is wealth!

Jammings. It was only this year that I had the opportunity to practice my voice not in church but in outdoor casual activities. Thanks to Jed and the rest of the musicians and singers who invited me to be with them.

Performing songs for the Holiday Party. A few months ago I dreamed of singing onstage for the corporate Christmas Party. With beautiful lights, awesome musicians, and a big audience. And that dream came true! Thanks to Jed and the rest of the team who invited me to join them. I sang "Head Over Feet" by Alanis Morissette and "Tattoed on my Mind" by D'Sound. It was a very wonderful experience.



Working in Makati. I started my professional life in this district in 2010 and it was all worth it. Being in a huge city made me feel the urban excitement in shopping, eating out, and just chilling. 



My first smart phone. On my 28th birthday, my dear sister gave me a Samsung galaxy mini 2 and I love it! It was my first time to use a phone that wouldn't need bulky keypads, and surfing and gaming became much more handy.

My laptop. On the peak of summer my uncle came to the Philippines from Canada to visit his mother and the rest of our relatives. He gave me his beloved laptop and it was my first time to own one. I had much more convenience having one and it helped me write more in my blog. :D

Being alive. Most importantly, nothing can be more satisfying than the gift of life. I am happy to be complete, being alive, breathing and enjoying the things I see, feel and experience. Thank you God for helping me survive this year.



...and the much-awaited 2013 is about to come in five..four..three...two...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts