Yotei

Your form astounded me.

That day, when I saw you
I gave a look that seemed someone had fallen in love

...like it would never last.

You are stunning from ground to sky
A perfect curve that leaves me breathless
as I stand still, gazing by my window
from the rise of the day until the fall of brightness.

There is magic within you, when the birds sing and fly
You stand out from the beauty of all seasons
I haven't seen them all yet, but I am dying to
Because I know you stay with them forever.

I am glad that I met you, because wherever I go from here, you're there
Guiding us all, like the watcher of this little town.
You've been an inspiration to people, young and old
You are a peaceful mystery that only God can define.

Soon I will reach you and meet the clouds with you
For I want to touch your natural skin covered with evergreen and silence
I will see the wonders of the view down below
As how you watch us all day and night.

But what I hate most is to see your silhouette
As the horizon turns deep purple and blends with the darkness
I literally feel gloomy, as if you are saying goodbye
So I pull down the blinds and keep myself busy.

I don't want to gaze by the window when it's pitch black
But I will wait for your return after my evening sleep
For when I wake up, I hear the birds sing once more
A sign of celebration, because you are watching us again.





Comments

Popular Posts