Cleaning Up

 


Sunday, January 22nd---Christmas is over again...just like that! I remember how I hurriedly put up all those decorations in the apartment, just a week before the main event. And now, it's been almost a month. 

It's still winter, though! And the snow keeps falling harder each week as the coldest month of the season is fast approaching---February. Today, Shingo and I decided to take a break from emptying our wallets. Time to shine up our apartment again.

I started with putting off our small Christmas tree, but I was surprised how long it took me to do that--about 30 minutes, I guess? Shingo washed the dishes, and then I carefully swept the floors and wiped the furniture. He then scrubbed the bathroom floors and tub, and we continued on until lunch time.


We went to Co-op Supermarket to buy groceries for the week, reheated the sinigang that I prepared the night before, turned on the TV and tuned in to Disney Plus, and ate while watching the live action movie, Cinderella. It was about 2 hours, and we extended our movie time. I also ate my favorite strawberry fondue at that time. It was quite an old movie, but I haven't seen it before because I wasn't able to find an English version of that on Netflix. I was hesitant that Shingo would enjoy it because it was a fairy tale, but what do you know--some men would!

The afternoon free time was my highlight because it was long and we just sat by the kotatsu for hours. Shingo fell deeply asleep as I edited my next video for my YouTube channel, J Shinoda. We didn't finish cleaning the entire apartment, so we hope to do so this coming weekend.  I don't mind. I can't wait for the long, lazy free time afterwards!

Comments

Popular Posts